Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 1........A Mothers Day Gift "Fresh Start"

Today, I am claiming a fresh start for my healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts, and trust in God for His strength to continue on my journey toward my goal that He has put in my heart.

I started Blogging in 2009, after I felt the Holy Spirit urging me to record my efforts toward getting in shape and living a healthier life.  My blog Skip the Cookie Buy the Shoes! follows my year long effort to lose weight. I realized over the course of the year that my overeating related to my emotions. When I went to the Lord for my emotional stability by standing on His promises that are in His word, I began to lose the weight easily.  I lost 25 pounds. I was tested on this and I failed at going to the Lord when my emotions got the better of me, so I gained back 15 of those pounds.  I am very disappointed in myself, but that won't correct the problem.  I believe one only fails, if one stops trying.  That is why today, I claim my fresh start.

What better gift to I give to my girls than to get healthy and live my life as a positive role model.  Yes, we make mistakes.  Yes, we will get discouraged; Nevertheless we will learn and grow from them and start again!
Romans 12:2 (New Living Translation)
2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment